Andrew Norris

This was a pretty relatable artist talk in the sense that queer identity via comic books, cartoons, graphic novels and the like were formative for me as well. Not only that but if I had to choose icons for this current moment of queer community I would choose the same people. The blue and pink paintings used not only in his own home but also in other areas of society to evoke gender norms is really interesting and then to extend and reclaim that with images of influential artists that shake gender norms is very successful and impactful. I think the Orville Peck and Trixie Mattel paintings are his best so far in terms of both concept and execution. I think this is just the beginning of his artistic journey.




Comments

  1. I had similar thoughts! It's really awesome to see the representation present in this work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment