Reflection on Final

 My final installation was widely different than what I had planned. Instead of the living room creation, I did what felt both more feasible and more honest to how I’ve been feeling these past couple weeks. In the smaller film lab, I played 6 of my short films from throughout the past two years on loop in the darkened room. Obscuring the screens are printed images of my emails with redacted text to bring out certain messages or emotions from each of them. Both the soundscape this created and the light from the computers filtering through the black paper and sharpie had an effect that was cooler than I imagined. The sounds of my voice and others within the room definitely gave me the impression of a reflective piece as my time at Lawrence as a film studies major comes to a close. It was also very cathartic to point out impressions I received from senior and capstone related emails this term. 



Comments