Convocation Reflection


Alexandra Bell was an engaging speaker. I like how her work was installed on the sides of buildings for passerby’s to read and figure out her point. I think it works better that way than in a gallery, I feel like deciphering them upon finding them in daily life is more effective. It also worked well in her presentation, but in person the text was too large and it doesn’t visually draw you in either. Basically I don’t think they work if you go to the talk and look at them, you have to choose one. She seems well equipped to change minds and make changes through her online presence and these journalism pieces. I really liked how she described the changes she made and why, and I think her workshops are a great thing for young students to do as a practice to learn about media and news bias.
 

Comments

  1. I didn't have a chance to see her works but from her speech, I could tell she is really brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also think that it is not enough to only see them in the presentation. If I can see her works in person. That will be great for understanding her presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought her presentation was really interesting, she is very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that seeing the works in person would have a huge impact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment