Intro for Art Installations



I didn’t remember I had made this blog for my early film history course nearly two years ago. I have changed a lot so this is a bit of a time capsule. I’m Rita, a senior film studies major with a museum studies IA. This term I am once again an intern in the Wriston galleries and co-president of Lawrence’s zine and comic club, The IlLUstrator. Also, this term I am working on my film research capstone on queer theory in the genre of sci-fi. That along with some fantastic courses makes me so excited for winter term. I’ve dabbled in many fine art mediums including drawing and ceramic courses at Lawrence as well as courses in the film major such as animation and sound editing. With my recent focus on museum spaces I’m intrigued to learn more and explore making installation art as I think it has the potential to be seriously impactful. The joys and importance of being physically present are understood now more than ever so it is a great time to make art a place one can step into. I’m hoping to make art this term that is more conceptual and community based, because I have the instinct to make it very focused on the self. While that is also beneficial and valuable, I’m trying to shift my focus to reach outwards and make more connections. 






Comments

Post a Comment