"Tell Us Who You Are"

Hello! My name is Rita, or Murph, or any respectful nickname :) I use they/them pronouns, and I am a sophomore Film Studies major.
I am currently at my parents' home in Wilmette, Illinois, about 25 minutes outside of Chicago.
I'm looking forward to simply knowing more about film during this period of time which I have not looked into before. History is deeply revealing and interesting to learn about "how we got here". I wonder how early film differs regarding the lack of pressure to conform to conventions of the media. I would imagine that there's a dynamic between creativity with a "new" medium and restrictions of the technology, which is hardly different from film development now. I don't know! I'm eager to find out.
How I'm doing:
This time is challenging for everyone in different ways and on different levels. I'm grateful for my family, they are difficult to live with but ultimately care about me and want to make this a peaceful time. I missed being with my little brother a lot and we have been playing lots of video games. Obviously, I would prefer to be on campus but having some more free time to do things that are good for my health has been beneficial for me. I usually don't have time to make art or cook and that has been exceptionally nice.

Comments